A Tuscan Harvest
Chianti, Castles and Tuscan Cooking
This is classic Tuscany with the tour celebrating the region's unmistakable landscape, abundant vineyards and strong culinary heritage. The hikes take us off the beaten track to remote castles, formal gardens and the vineyards of Chianti where we meet local winemakers to taste their wines and olive oils. A free day in Siena offers the chance to explore this medieval jewel and see the Piazza del Campo where the legendary Palio horse-race is run twice each year. We have fun with a local chef making our own pasta in the sixteenth century kitchen of a private country villa. We get to enjoy a variety of fabulous restaurants along the way which showcase the very best of Tuscan cooking and the region's world-famous wines.
The tour starts and ends in Pisa, Tuscany. Many people choose to extend their walking holiday in Italy by visiting the Cinque Terre coast, Rome, Siena, Bologna or Florence. For more details visit our City Guide page.
"Our holiday in Tuscany was absolutely amazing, and you took great care of us. We loved never having to make a decision regarding accommodation, food or wine. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the great memories." Norma Likely
Cost: €2,795 per person
Single supplement: €295
Our tours are genuinely all-inclusive - learn more about what we offer.
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides who will look after your every need and bring this stunning area to life
- 7 nights' accommodation in two fabulous hotels
- All meals including wine.
- Gourmet picnic lunches each day and snacks en route
- Dinner in a variety of superb restaurants.
- Museum visits and food/wine tastings as per itinerary
- Support vehicle, enabling you to walk as little or as much of the trail as you please
- Transport to/from Pisa in air-conditioned minibus
- Comprehensive pre-trip information.
- Luggage transported for you so all you need to carry is a small backpack with water etc.
- Cooking class with delightful local chef
- Beautiful hiking in classic Tuscan countryside
- Visit to Siena with private guided tour
Mostly gentle walking on gravel roads and farm trails. Rolling hills so lots of up and down but no major climbs.
Shortest/Longest Day: 9km/5.7miles: 16km/10.1miles
Some of our tours are more challenging than others, so see how we grade our hikes to make sure you choose the right one for you.
La Suvera: A luxurious five star hotel converted from a former Papal villa with beautiful gardens and pool
Palazzo Leopoldo: Four star hotel, formerly a noble residence, in the heart of the delightful village of Radda-in-Chianti